Thursday 10 September 2015

Match preview: EFC v CFC 12th September 2015

I can't believe another home game against the Londoners has arrived again! It doesn't feel like we have had a year to get over the drama of the 6-3 defeat at home last season, it's still stuck in my mind like it happened last week. But never the less here it is again. I would like to think we have had a much better start compared to the games we had last season before we faced Chelsea, with two draws, a mega away win and a defeat to current runaway league leaders currently under our belts. Far better than the two painful draws we had encountered before our last home game against them.


I remain positive about my beloved Everton but even more so after the transfer window slammed shut. I think the fact that Mourinho didn't get his own way will do wonders for us. The crowd can go full whack on the latest terrace song 'money can't buy you Stones' and we can all hopefully enjoy the lunchtime game in the stands of the Old Lady. 

I am also hoping that the recent downturn in Chelsea's form will help to give us a home win against a side who we last beat nearly two years ago to the day (13th September 2013 - and they say the fixtures are randomly selected). A game I sadly didn't attend in person, which does concern me slightly. When I am in attendance against the Londoners we don't seem to do so well! 



The extremely chilly 2-1 defeat in December 2012 (with my WAG experiencehttp://footymadgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/pregnant-on-terraces.html?m=1 ), I was there! The 2-0 win in February 2012 I missed it. I witnessed the 1-1 draw in February 2011 in the FA cup. Ok, so I did see the end of season win against them in May 2011 but that was the last and only time I have. Maybe I should stay at home and do the ironing on Saturday! 



The confidence boost of an England goal for Ross should help the youngster going into this game, and the rest some players have had is a positive in our direction for sure. As long as we can shake the Chelsea defence up better than we did against City, we could see a few goals from our front men I reckon. Lukaku must love the idea of scoring in front of Jose! It's Stones I do slightly worry about, it would be hard for him not to feel the pressure from the Chelsea camp. I just hope Big Dunc hangs around Jose enough to ensure he doesn't try his luck with a little chat in the defender's ear! 


I am not predicting this one after my last one ended up way off the mark! Maybe stats can be wrong after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment